Tell Senator Udall You Support Permanent Protection for
Browns Canyon as a National Monument!
Senator Udall Wants to Hear from You
Click below to comment on his website to show your support for Browns Canyon National Monument!
Support Map Option #1:
Talking Points to make in your comment:
- A National Monument and Wilderness designation at Browns Canyon would be a boost to the local economy. Map Option #1 protects and preserves the most land.
- Map Option #1 creates jobs and economic development, while keeping the public lands public for outdoor recreation opportunities including whitewater boating, hiking, fishing, hunting and wildlife viewing. The Colorado active outdoor recreation economy contributes over $10 billion annually to Colorado’s economy. The outdoor recreation industry supports 107,000 jobs across Colorado.
- Protecting this incredible landscape will ensure the economic health of local businesses, outdoor recreationists, and the unique wildlife animals are protected forever.
- Map Option #1 represents balanced access to the monument, allowing passenger car access to developed recreation sites while preserving land for wildlife
- The fourmile area to the north provides motorized recreation opportunities on over 180 miles of trails and roads.
- Outdoor recreation is important to western economies. According to the Outdoor Industry Association, outdoor recreation generates more than 6.5 million jobs and more than $730 billion for the American economy annually.